Graduates of degree programs who have earned a Master’s degree may complete a rigorous examination, including defense of a rigorous thesis in a field of study in which they have completed a university degree or in a related field of study. After its completion, higher education institutions grant them an academic degree (Act No. 131/2002 Coll. On Higher Education, as amended by subsequent provisions of Section 53 (8))
- a) in natural science study programs “doctor of natural sciences” (abbreviated as “RNDr.”),
- b) in pharmaceutical study programs “doctor of pharmacy” (abbreviated as “PharmDr.”),
- c) in the social science and artistic study programs “Doctor of Philosophy” (abbreviated as “PhDr.”)
- d) in the legal study programs “doctor of law” (abbreviated as “JUDr.”),
- (e) in the doctoral study programs and the physical education programs, the ‘doctor
- pedagogy “(abbreviated as” PaedDr. “),
- f) in theological study programs, except Catholic degree programs
- Theology, “Doctor of Theology” (abbreviated “ThDr.”).
By defending a rigorous thesis in a field of study in which a graduate has a university degree (or in a related field of study), he / she demonstrates that, on the basis of independent study and independent scientific work, he / she has acquired a deeper knowledge in his / her wider context and is capable of acquiring new knowledge of science and practice. develop them creatively and be able to apply the acquired knowledge creatively in practice.
Processing rigid work
The scope of the rigorous thesis is usually 100-120 pages, only the main text, ie. introduction, chapters, conclusion and bibliographic references.
The main part of the thesis consists of:
- introduction of rigorous work
- core of rigorous work
- conclusion of rigorous thesis
- list of used literature in rigorous work
Writing MBA work
This final work can be analogously compared with the level of diploma work at universities. However, MBA work can be handled in a foreign language, most often in English.
MBA works do not have a precisely defined binding structure, it is up to the school what formal adjustments it will determine. However, it is certain that its structure is different from the structure for bachelor’s theses, master theses and other final theses.
MBA work is not strictly divided into theoretical and practical parts, but connects these two parts into one whole. For writing an MBA, a student usually has a final semester of his / her studies. The advantage is the choice of topic that the student proposes himself.
MBA work is based on practice, so it is necessary to continually link theory with practice when writing. This is also closely related to the topics of work that are mostly tied to specific businesses. In US, this management training with MBA is just in its early stages. In the future, however, there is a great presumption of increasing interest in this study.